AM IS and ARE.


 The words Am, Is and are are the simple present form of the verb to be.


1-Use Am with the pronoun I.

2-Use  Is with singular pronouns Like: My Dad and Teacher and with the pronouns He, She and It.


Use Are with plural  Nouns Like: 

1-My Parents.

2-Jenny and Mary.


And with the pronouns:

We you and they.

Examples:

Singular:

1- I am twelve.

2-I Am in the Garden.

3- she is also pretty.

4- the teacher is tall.

5- Mary is happy.

Plural:

1-our dog is back.

2-we are in our bedrooms.

3-you are my best friend.

4-Computers are very expensive.

5- Our dog is black.

Here is a table to help you to remember how to use Is Am and Are:

Singular| Plural 

First person: I am| We are

Second person: You are| You are 

Third person: he/she/ it is| They are.

Contractions: Negative Form:

Singular| Plural:

First person: I am not|We aren’t 

Second person: You are not| You aren’t 

Third person: he/she / it is not| They aren’t.


*Exercise:

Grammar:

1-complete the following sentences by writing Am, Is or are. In the blank space.

1- The weather is __________ Today 

2- All the children__________The playground.

3-Boys___________always Late on class.

4- __________on the basketball team, too?

5-Nobody in my class______ interested in football.

6-______ this computer more expensive than the other?

7- Sally_____my best friend.

8-Mom and Dad _____ downstairs.

9-Paul and Mary______in the computer room.

10- The Eiffel Tower _____ in Paris.


You wanna know more about this topic?

Let me know what you think in a comment below.👇

#School #Englishclass #Teacherlife #Let’s go!

📚👩‍🏫🍎✏️







Comentarios

Entradas populares